Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rose and Bernard

So I'm really excited/nervous about this week's episode, which evidently will in some way provide the payoff for Flashes Before Your Eyes.  I assume that Greatest Hits is a reference to Charlie, presumably in connection with Drive Shaft, or maybe just some comment he makes about bands putting out greatest hits albums, since it doesn't seem like Drive Shaft has had enough hits for such an album.  But maybe they'll throw us off and make it a reference to Bernard or Rose, which I would be excited about.  Only two more episodes for them to make good on their promise of showing them this season...  It seems like it makes sense to bring Rose back in a Charlie-centric episode.  They have a connection; those scenes they shared after Jack saved Charlie in season one were wonderful.  She's the most overtly Christian character on the show except perhaps for Desmond, and as a fairly faithful Catholic boy, Charlie has been drawn to both of them, not to mention the very spiritual - if not necessarily Christian - Locke and the scripture-spouting Eko.  When it's down to the wire for Charlie, I think he might well seek solace with Rose, who is a maternal presence (and we know how devoted Charlie was to his mother) as well as a spiritual mentor.  I really want to see their stories intersect...
Today, I finally listened to some of the podcasts, and now I'm wishing I could listen to the ones from before this season.  Ah well.  I saved all the ones from season three and intend to listen to them, and try not to feel too jealous that Damon and Carlton have pretty much the coolest job in the world.  Couldn't happen to two nicer guys.  Really.  And I won't kid myself that I would have anywhere near the talent to help write an episode of LOST.  A gal can dream, though...

No comments: