Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm LOST Without Charlie

So... turns out the t-shirt I got for Christmas was prophetic.  Le sigh...  I did wear the Charlie shirt on Wednesday after all.  This summer I'll probably make myself Locke, Desmond and Hurley shirts.  I won't say I'm LOST without them, though, lest history repeat itself...
In honor of Charlie, I have affixed the Driveshaft ring that came with my figure to a chain and am wearing it around my neck.  (I can't really wear it on my finger too well because it's too big.)  One of these days, I'll write to Dom; I wonder if I can still use the LOST address?  Seems they might forward his mail, or Evangeline might take it upon herself to get it to him, or they'll hang onto it until he comes back to be part of a dream sequence or something...
Mom screamed excessively at the TV during the big scene.  I just stared, transfixed.  Libbie consoled me afterward, and I got an e-mail from Beth that must've been sent immediately after the show ended, telling me how sorry she was that Charlie had died and wondering how I was holding up. 
In the long eight months ahead, perhaps I should distance myself from my most beloved fictional characters.  Well, aside from Harry and the gang, of course; that'll be a highlight of my summer for sure.  But I definitely get a little too attached. 
On a side note, partway into the episode, I was trying to work out which one of the gun-toting gals was Bonnie and which was Greta.  I said the blond looked like a Greta at the exact moment Nathan said she looked like a Bonnie.  Hmmm...  Those two weren't really so bad, it seems, especially Greta.  It's a shame Mikhail had to turn all homocidal on everybody...

No comments: