Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tell Me About It (Tell Her About It, Billy Joel)


"Is there something you wanna tell me?"
- Miles, Recon

Miles and Sawyer are two of LOST's most abrasive characters. Both of them have used verbal acuity to belittle others and to obscure the truth. But once the two of them have teamed up, they expect a little bit more out of each other. Here's a song from Miles, lecturing Sawyer in Recon to the tune of Billy Joel's Tell Her About It.

Tell Me About It

Listen, Jim, don’t wanna bug ya,
But I’m worried about you.
You know, you’d like to think you’re good at hiding things,
But that just isn’t true.
I’m your buddy, Jim, and if you are in a bind,
You should let me know whatever is on your mind.

Hey, listen, I’ve known you too long
To buy the act you’re pulling now,
And whoever this guy Cooper is,
He’s got ya riled up somehow.
And I don’t believe that you saw him in Palm Springs
Or you’re calling him so he can pull some strings.

Tell me about it. Tell me why you’re tied in knots.
Jim, I’m a detective, so I can connect the dots.
Tell me about it, ‘cause you sure aren’t foolin’ me.
I’ve got noble reasons to give you the third degree.

Listen, Jim. You’d like to think
That you’re as solid as a rock.
But you’re not alone, so please take advantage
Of the chance you have to talk.
It’s a big relief to get things off your chest.
That’s the reason I am being such a pest.

Tell me about it. Would that really be so hard?
You would feel much better if you’d just let down your guard.
Tell me about it. Tell me where you went last week.
Jim, it makes me nervous that you’re being such a sneak.

I’m gonna go and run your credit card.
Yeah, it’s paranoid, but I’m at my wit’s end,
And our relationship’s already marred
If you can’t just tell the truth to your best friend.

Listen, Jim. No room for secrets
In a proper partnership.
I know sun and sand isn’t what you planned
When you went on your little trip.
I have two good ears; they need to get some use.
I will not accept another phony excuse.

Tell me about it. Tell me why you’re tied in knots.
Jim, I’m a detective, so I can connect the dots.
Tell me about it, ‘cause you sure aren’t foolin’ me.
I’ve got noble reasons to give you the third degree.

Tell me about it. Tell me why you’re tied in knots.
Just tell me about it. Don’t you think I’ve earned your trust?
You gotta tell me about it. I’ll investigate if I must.
You gotta tell me about it. Thought you were my friend.
You gotta tell me about it. The truth will come out in the end.
You gotta tell me about it. You gotta tell, tell, tell me about it.
Tell me about it...


No comments: