Friday, April 2, 2010

Let's Start Over (Teach Your Children, Graham Nash)


"I will always love you, no matter what you do. In my eyes you can never fail. I just wanna be a part of your life."
- Jack, Lighthouse

Jack's always had major issues with his father, so it's little surprise that he and his son would have a similar dynamic. But it looks like Sideways Jack and David are headed for a healthier relationship. Here's a song to the tune of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's Teach Your Children.

Let’s Start Over

Jack: Hey, you were great tonight.
You got it right with no correction.
You claim some notes were wrong;
To me, that song was pure perfection.

You can play so well. If you can’t tell,
I am impressed, son,
And don’t you ever think my love could shrink.
You did your best, son.

I was scared of failure too,
But no matter what you do,
David, I will still love you.
So let’s start over.

David: I‘m shocked but glad you’re here.
(Jack: I have made big mistakes,)
David: Are you sincere when you give applause, Dad?
(Jack: Put you under too much pressure.)
David: You say I play like I’m a pro.
(Jack: Don’t you see the love in my face?)
David: Thanks for not noticing the flaws, Dad.
(Jack: Have some pizza back at my place.)

David: Whether I excel or don’t do well,
Will you clap loudly?
And when I share my dreams,
Will you support me and smile proudly?

I have kept my distance too,
And I thought that we were through,
But I love you, Dad. I do.
So let’s start over.

No comments: