Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Your Vanishing Hut (Vanishing Breed, Michael Martin Murphey)

I've had Island scientist Daniel on the brain since last week's episode of LOST, which focused on him, and tonight's episode had me reminiscing about the beginning of the season again. In this song, to the tune of Michael Martin Murphey's Vanishing Breed, Daniel tries to explain to Sawyer why their lodgings have disappeared and what to expect from this point on.

Your Vanishing Hut

We have no time. There's a bit of a climb
That I need you to let me take.
Come if you want; no talking along the way.
Sorry you're shirtless, but I must avert this
Disaster for all our sakes.
We're dislodged in time, and that's not okay.

Don't make me say this again.
Where's not the question. It's when.

Listen, I'm a quantum physicist, and it's hard to define
Theories this complex for what I suspect's a middling mind.
Just like a record skipping, it seems we're stuck in a rut,
And that's how I explain your vanishing hut.

No way of knowing which way we'll be going
The next time we disappear.
Will it be the future or the past?
Whenever we leap to, the cost will be steep
If we do not shift gears,
'Cause we're dislodged in time, and that's not okay.

Though we can't change our history,
I might have found the key to break free.

Listen, I'm a quantum physicist, and it's hard to define
Theories this complex for what I suspect's a middling mind.
Just like a record skipping, it seems we're stuck in a rut.
That's how I explain your vanishing hut.
That's how I explain your vanishing hut.

Vanishing Breed

No comments: