Monday, March 9, 2009

Where We're Destined to Be (Mountains of Mourne, Traditional)

Here's Jack to Kate in the season three finale, to the tune of Celtic Thunder's version of Mountains of Mourne.

Where We're Destined to Be


Oh, Kate, California's a wonderful sight,
The civilization we craved since that flight.
We don't have to forage for something to eat,
And our houses have lighting and plumbing and heat.
We thought that we needed those things to be whole,
So we made getting back here out ultimate goal.
Oh, but now, three years later, I'm starting to see
That the Island's the place where we're destined to be.

There's beautiful people who we left behind,
Powerful purposes all intertwined.
How could we leave them when we've always known
That we live together or we die alone?
I'm grieving and guilty and losing my grip
And praying for just one more ill-fated trip.
It's a fortunate fact that I'm flying for free
Till I land on the isle where we're destined to be.

You remember old John, that unstoppable force?
Well, he told me that we were important, of course.
I snarled and I sneered as he went on the attack.
"They all need us," he begged me. "We have to go back."
Oh, I was so sure and so stubborn so long,
I couldn't admit that I'd got it all wrong.
For the sake of our friends, won't you team up with me
And return to the isle where we're destined to be?

For the sake of our friends, won't you team up with me
And return to the isle where we're destined to be?


No comments: